Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Janakpur in Pictures

Janakpur is Global Daughter's home. We started working in this village over a year ago and it is the last place I go before I return to the U.S. This place is full of life, color, history, culture and of course, beautiful women. I visited the Janakpur Arts and Crafts Center, but after thousands of pictures and several days, I thought to share pictures from Janakpur separately. Tourists rarely visit this place (12- hour bus ride from Kathmandu) but I think it is the gem of the country. We all connect to different places differently. The people here are family..I actually have people recognize me from our trip there a year ago! (I am sure the white hair has nothing to do with it!) When I am there, at the workshop or walking down the street with the ox carts and women dressed in the most intense and magical colors, I feel like I got the memo on life.



































No comments: