Friday, June 6, 2008

NEPAL- N.ever E.nding P.eace A.nd L.ove


Tiny Nepal is in red.

Global Daughter works with women artisans in Kathmandu, Patan, Janakpur, Dharan and Pokhara

Nepal is located in between the two giants, India and China (Autonomous Region of Tibet) in South Asia. It is not the same as Napoli (in Italy) and it is not a part of India, contrary to popular belief. It makes up .01% of the world's land mass and has eight of the ten highest mountain peaks in the world. It the approximate size of England in the UK or Michigan state in the US. It is home to over 101 ethnic groups and 123 languages, making it one of the most domestically diverse countries on the planet. Ethnic influences from Mongolia, Tibet, India, China, and Bhutan mix together to create all the beautiful and different faces in Nepal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never heard that-"Never Ending Peace and Love." How cool is that. I wonder what we can say for the U.S.A. Any thoughts?
I really enjoy reading your blog. I have learned so much about a country I never really knew existed. Thanks.

global daughter said...

"Justine"- Thanks for taking the time to write. Are you sure you have never been to Nepal? You never lived in Dhapasi? Your name rings a bell.

Anonymous said...

No, I've never been to Nepal, but now it's on my must-see places to visit.