Friday, March 21, 2008

Flying in the Himalayas


Erika goes flying video


View from the sky


Erika flying high with a Himalayan Vulture on her 6


Erin heading to do acrobatics over the lake


"Fish Tail" Peak from the air


Phewa Lake and Pokhara

In lighter news...
It feels great to be a bird. This past weekend, we got to fly with the Himalayan vultures over the mountains. We went paragliding in Pokhara, 7 hours from Kathmandu, and it was absolutely breathtaking. Thirty minutes soaring in the sky with the Himalayan Mountain Range in full aerial view was such a freeing experience. About 3o seconds into the flight I decided I never wanted to come down. Erika got some shots of me (red chute) and I took some of her (white, red, blue chute). We were swarmed by birds playing with us and trying to land on our chutes, unfortunately my camera died and I couldn't get the shot. The silence up there was great and worries floated away in the wind. We give it a big recommendation to anyone who wants to feel alive.

3 comments:

Brianna said...

Looks unbelievable. I'm in awe of you girls, you just keep surprising me!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful. Must be getting easier to get around.

society said...

what a dream come reality!take to the sky!